Watch the Today Show episode with Joan Lunden speaking with Dr. Calamari about mammography and the importance of knowing if you have dense breasts: Read more...
Recent News and Views
Today Show Episode with Joan Lunden and Dr. Calamari
19 Oct 2016
The Omnibus Bill means good news for mammography screening!
29 Dec 2015
As reported by The Society of Breast Imaging: The House and Senate passed legislation placing a two-year moratorium on the implementation of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force 2015 draft recommendations on breast cancer screening. Read more...
3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy
A 3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy may be recommended if you have:
- A distortion or change in your breast tissue
- A suspicious solid mass
- A new worrisome calcium deposit
What to expect with your 3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy
- Your breast will be compressed similar to a mammogram.
- A 3D image of your breast will be taken to identify the biopsy area
- Your breast will be numbed with a local anesthetic
- A needle will be inserted into your breast to retrieve small tissue samples
- Your doctor may take additional images of the area
- A small marker may be placed in the biopsy site to help identify the area in future exams
*Video courtesy of Hologic