Call 1-877-RYE-RADS or fill out the form.
3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy
A 3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy may be recommended if you have:
- A distortion or change in your breast tissue
- A suspicious solid mass
- A new worrisome calcium deposit
What to expect with your 3D Tomosynthesis Breast Biopsy
- Your breast will be compressed similar to a mammogram.
- A 3D image of your breast will be taken to identify the biopsy area
- Your breast will be numbed with a local anesthetic
- A needle will be inserted into your breast to retrieve small tissue samples
- Your doctor may take additional images of the area
- A small marker may be placed in the biopsy site to help identify the area in future exams
*Video courtesy of Hologic